Upload the su-wc-sms-notifications folder to /wp-content/plugins/ directory via FTP.
Upload the full ZIP file via Plugins > Add New > Upload on your WordPress Administration Panel.
Search WooCommerce SMS Notifications in the search box on Plugins > Add New and page press Install Now button.
- Activate the plug-in through Plugins menu on WordPress Administration Panel.
- Set up the plug-in on WooCommerce > WooCommerce SMS Notifications or through Settings
- For obtaining credentials, please register at (https://www.mtalkz.com/my-account/)
When you open WooCommerce SMS Notifications settings for the first time, you see a screen as below:
If you have not obtained the credentials yet, purchase a WooCommerce SMS Pack from (https://mtalkz.com/product/woocommerce-sms-plugin/) and you will receive the credentials in email.
Once you have credentials available, fill the following information in the input boxes as seen in the above screenshot:
- User Account ID – as mentioned in the email
- User PIN – as mentioned in the email
- Sender ID – as mentioned in the email and chosen at the time of registration
- Mobile Phone Number – your mobile number on which you want to receive new order notifications
After entering this information, press Save Settings button. Once this information is saved, you will see an expanded settings page, with the following fields added below the current fields:
You can use any of the standard variables in the SMS templates. Further, if there are other meta variables associated with the order (defined by some other plug-ins) then you can include them in the Custom variables box (one variable per line) to use them in SMS templates.
You can also define a Signature, which can be appended to a SMS by using the special variable %signature% in the template.
For each stage of a WooCommerce order, you can select whether to send an SMS notification to the customer, and the template to use for the SMS. Note that, New Order message is sent to the store owner, whereas all other messages are sent to the client.
You can change the message template by using the Edit template link and then sending the revised message for approval to [email protected], once its approved you can paste the revised message in the respective box and save to use.
If you have set-up your WooCommerce store to have any custom order status(es) – via some other plug-ins, then you can also set a message template for all such custom order statuses via Custom Status message box.
In Additional Settings section, you can choose to:
- Send SMS to international numbers
- Use customer’s shipping phone instead of billing phone to send SMS notifications (a custom Shipping Phone field is already added by the plug-in for this purpose)
- Log all outgoing messages and SMS Gateway’s response to a text file for diagnosis of any issues