What is WhatsApp OTP?
One time passwords (OTPs) are an authentication technique normally utilised as a feature of two-factor identification (2FA) and multi-factor authentication (MFA) that can help balance these requirements.
WhatsApp allows its users to communicate securely on real time. As a business, you can connect with your customers through WhatsApp Business API. It allows to send alerts, notifications, customer support & now you can send OTP.
When you send OTP via WhatsApp, it gets encrypted and only the recipient will be able to see the message. This is one of the most secure ways to reduce fraud, spam etc.
Benefits of WhatsApp OTP
Brand Name & Logo
Company name will be display along with company logo
WhatsApp ensures security communication by framing end to end encryption.
You can send your OTP in any language.
Enable CTA button for auto-filling OTP.
Integrate chatbot for interaction with customer
OTP can be delivered to the customer if the customer is in Wifi, so mobile network is not required.
OTP on Whatsapp
Send 2FA Authentication message with WhatsApp
Fully encrypted notification from Sender
Secure your client accounts & authenticate with different languages
Send your messages through other channels like voice, SMS, email etc if your WhatsApp OTP & 2FA is not delivered.
Send less per message
Deliver messages over cellular data or wifi networks and avoid standard costs associated with deploying SMS notifications to your customers.
When OTP message are terminated from international route it cost higher. When message will terminated to India cost of WhatsApp API message will decrease.
End-to-End – Who can use WhatsApp OTP
Bank & Fintech:
- Banking and Fintech companies help customers to manage their financial planning, reduce risk and provide security.
- Customer’s need ease and flexibility i.e. there should be no restriction to take service within office hour only.
- To open a bank account or to start any SIP, OTP’s play a crucial role for login and verification process.
- With the new era of online shopping, ecommerce companies need to make customer experience more rich and friendly.
- OTP’s play a major role in sales. It starts from the login in website/app to do payment for the product.
- As the competition is too high at the time of sale, that failure of OTP will lead to a ultimate loss of business.
- WhatsApp OTP allow users to do happily shopping even if they are not in network area.
- Institutes and Coaching used OTP to offer personalized study material, conduct online exam, check result and for a feedback.
- WhatsApp OTP can be send in a multi-language.
Tours and Travel
- Tours and travel companies can use Whatsapp OTP to send any real time alert.
- If the person is not in network area then with the help of wifi, he can get update of the delay or any change of his flight or train.
- WhatsApp support rich media, so companies can send personalized offer that can be instantly redeem by OTP.
FAQs – Whatsapp OTP
RCS (Rich Communication Services) is a next generation SMS protocol that upgrades text messages with Rich features like branding, media, and analytics.
If your A2P SMS messages to customer are delivered without your log and a safety check box, then you may assume you do not have RCS. Since RCS is a new service you will need to apply with your SMS provider to get RCS for your brand.
Your SMS partner may charge for making you RCS compliance. As of yet the there are no additional charges on messaging for RCS.